Last night I started, going through the orthography, and I had a little problem figuring out why certain diphthongs were labeled as such, as they seemed to just be those two letters pronounced separately, then I realized that I was using the English y when ever a j occurred, thus Kaj being pronounced "Kai" seemed obvious... I did that around two am, and because I had to be up at dawn, I went to bed right after.
The next night, I begun lesson two, which started with some 24 words, and very simple sentences to read, and then English ones to translate. By this point, I was already able to read the Esperanto without thinking, sound wise, not meaning... One random thing though, violo, a violet, is a very odd word to learn now, especially as I had to do a google search to see what a violet was... (At first I thought it was violet, as in purple, though looking at the ending again, I realized my flaw...)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment